It Varies

18 Jan. 9th, 2025 08:35 am
tommx: (Default)
[personal profile] tommx
Today's Bach selection was The Goldberg Variations played by Glenn Gould. I didn't listen to all of them, but about 16 of them. Interestingly, when Glenn Gould plays Bach, it almost doesn't sound like Bach to me. I tend to think of Bach's music as being almost mathematical and precise. Glenn Gould adds a softness to the notes that I feel is unique to him. I found it very soothing to wake up to. I guess that's why Hannibal Lector was playing this recording while he was slaughtering the police during his escape in Silence of the Lambs. Anyway, I digress...

This marks 4 days of the Bach thing. So far so good, though they say you have to do it for something like a month before you really start to see a benefit from it. I guess it's sort of like walking for exercise.

I think tomorrow calls for a Brandenburg Concerto.

May 2026

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
2425262728 2930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 5th, 2026 03:56 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios